CEREC uses the latest Computer-Aided Design and Manufacture (Cad-Cam) techniques to give you perfect white fillings, inlays, onlays, crowns or veneers. CERECs are highly aesthetic, tooth coloured fillings that are created and placed all within the same day.
The CEREC procedure
- Any decay or damaged tooth and defective filling material is removed, leaving as much healthy tooth structure as possible.
- A 3D image of the tooth with the aid of a specially designed electronic camera is created.
- The restoration is designed on the monitor of the CEREC acquisition units.
- The virtual restoration is then transferred to the CEREC milling unit, which machines the restoration out of a ceramic block.
- The perfect-fit restoration is completed and bonded directly to your tooth.
Benefits of CEREC
- Natural looking, highly aesthetic
- Long lasting
- No temporaries required
- No long waiting period, they are completed within one day.
- Biocompatible and not affected by hot or cold.