At The Dental Centre we offer a wide range of orthodontic treatment to correct any orthodontic situation. The most common treatment options are Invisalign and braces. However we also use various orthodontic appliances such as ‘plates’ at different stages of development to correct or prevent orthodontic problems.
Benefits of Orthodontic Treatment
- Appearance: Orthodontics will straighten teeth and move them into their correct position which greatly improves the appearance of the teeth.
- Function: The function of teeth such as the ability to chew is dependent on the occlusion (bite) of a person. Skeletal problem problems and malocclusions can make function very difficult if not corrected.
- Cleaning: Teeth that are crowded and overlapping are more difficult to clean, as some areas are difficult to access with a toothbrush and floss. This can lead to decaying of teeth or a plaque build-up which may eventually lead to gum disease. Teeth that are aligned correctly are easier to keep clean and maintain good oral hygiene.
- Speech problems: Some people have difficulty speaking properly due to alignment problems with their jaws and teeth.
- Tooth wear: Crooked teeth will often wear unevenly or more rapidly due to abnormal forces put in particular areas damaging the teeth over a period of time.
- Gum/tissue damage: In some case where the bite is incorrect teeth may damage gum tissue. For example in cases of people with deep bites, the lower front teeth can injure the gum behind the upper front teeth.
At The Dental Centre we also offer Invisalign, a clear orthodontic appliance suitable for patients unsure about visible, wire braces. The Invisalign system is a series of removable, clear aligners that are almost invisible. This makes it easy to remove them for cleaning all the while being less noticeable.